A juvenile is anyone under the age of 18 who is accused of committing a crime. When a juvenile is charged with any type of criminal offense, their case will be heard in juvenile court, rather than adult criminal court.
Such cases are often complex and emotionally charged, which is why it is important to have an experienced and knowledgeable Orange County juvenile defense attorney on your side. At the Law Office of Scott C Thomas, our Orange County juvenile defense lawyers are committed to providing aggressive, detail-oriented representation.
We understand the importance of protecting a young person’s rights, and we are dedicated to doing whatever it takes to get the optimal result in each case. Let our team of attorneys use their experience and resources to protect your child’s rights in court.
We Handle an Extensive Range of Juvenile Defense Cases in California
Over the last 10+ years, Scott C Thomas has successfully defended numerous juveniles in Orange County and throughout California. We have the knowledge, skillset, and resources necessary to handle an extensive range of juvenile defense cases, including:
- Drug Possession & Distribution: Including marijuana, heroin, cocaine and other controlled substances.
- Underage Drinking: For minors accused of public intoxication or underage consumption of alcohol.
- Shoplifting & Theft: Including grand theft and petty theft charges.
- Trespassing: For juveniles accused of unlawfully entering a property.
- Vandalism: Cases involving graffiti, property destruction, and other forms of vandalism.
- Assault & Battery: Including cases involving physical altercations between juveniles and adults.
- Weapons Possession: Including cases involving firearms, knives, and other deadly weapons.
- Burglary & Robbery: For juveniles accused of breaking into a property to commit a crime.
- Sex Crimes: Including rape, sexual assault, and other serious sex offenses.
- Internet Crimes: For cases involving computer hacking, cyberbullying, and other types of cybercrime.
- Juvenile Status Offenses: When a juvenile is accused of truancy, curfew violations, and similar offenses.
- Carjacking & Joyriding: For juveniles accused of stealing a vehicle or taking it for a joyride.
- Fraud & Forgery: Including cases involving credit card fraud, identity theft, and other white-collar crimes.
- Juvenile Delinquency: When a juvenile is accused of a delinquent act that would be a felony if committed by an adult.
We also handle juvenile expungement, parental rights petitions, and other family law matters.
Special Rights and Protections for Juveniles
Our defense lawyers are well-versed in the special rights and protections afforded to juveniles. We understand the California juvenile justice system and the unique laws that apply to minors. We will take all necessary steps to protect your child’s rights, both in and out of court.
Besides working to achieve a favorable outcome in court, we can also provide guidance and assistance with other matters related to the case. We understand that this is an emotional and difficult time for the entire family, and we will do whatever it takes to get you through it.
Why Not Work with an Orange County Juvenile Public Defender?
Public defenders are overworked and often unable to provide the attention, resources, and personalized guidance that our Orange County juvenile defense lawyers can. Our team has the knowledge, experience, and resources to provide effective legal representation in all types of juvenile cases.
Contact Our Orange County Juvenile Defense Attorneys Today
If your child has been charged with a crime in Orange County, don’t wait until it’s too late to contact a lawyer. Our juvenile defense attorneys are available 24/7 to provide assistance and guidance. Call us today to discuss your case and learn more about your legal rights, options, and available resources. We offer free case reviews to all potential clients.